I was born in the early seventies – which means as far as music goes, I’m a child of the eighties – hopelessly addicted to the synthesized, hair band era. Today, though, I have settled in to a new job, and am in the home stretch of achieving a Master’s degree. I’ve spent the past 15 years or so working in technology – sometimes as a project manager, sometimes as a programmer, sometimes as a product manager, and often as a manager of other technology folks. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area – the East Bay, to be a bit more precise – but, I began life as a corn-fed kid growing up in the Midwest. I lived mostly in Wisconsin, sometimes in Illinois, a little bit in Ohio, and I landed in San Francisco in 1995. I like it here and think I’ll stay.
I have a couple hobbies – some of them probably shouldn’t be counted as hobbies, so much as they should be counted as different ways to be lazy.
- I like to watch football (I grew up in Wisconsin, remember? There’s not a lot to do there other than watch the Packers).
- I like to watch TV (mostly crime shows).
- I like to eat and drink with my friends.
- I like to cook (if I have the energy).
- I like to read.
- I like genealogy.
- I like to write.
- I like to play pool (on the rare occasion I have the ambition to leave the house).
As I while away my time, I’m writing and waiting to see where my life goes next.